Wayne L. Pederson was born and raised in the farming community of Eston, Saskatchewan. Wayne is a senior lawyer with more than 40 years experience in banking and finance, insolvency and bankruptcy, corporate/commercial financing, commercial real estate and franchise law.
Wayne has long-standing experience in commercial insolvency having acted for a number of lenders in connection with receiverships, bankruptcies and Companies Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) matters both in Saskatchewan and in other provinces. In addition, Wayne has extensive experience in the enforcement of security including enforcement of agricultural security.
Wayne received a Queen’s Counsel designation in December, 2021.
• Appeared as counsel for the bondholders in the CCAA proceedings of Co-op Atlantic.
• Appeared as counsel for a secured creditor in the Sears Canada CCAA proceedings.
• Acting for secured lenders on many mortgage and personal property security matters.
- Attended Colleges of Engineering, Arts & Science and Law.
- LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1972.
- Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar, 1973.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association - Bankruptcy & Insolvency Section.
- Member, Saskatoon Bar Association.
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan.
- Wayne is a longtime member of Riverside Country Club and served on its Board of Directors for several years.
- Coached hockey in Saskatoon in the Raider zone.
- On the Board of Directors of Saskatoon Goldfins Swimming Club for many years serving as its President for one year.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Financing
- Farm and Agri-business Financing
- Debt Enforcement
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Receivership
- Commercial Real Estate
- Franchise Law