Mike’s background allows him to quickly connect with technology-oriented clients seeking patent protection, exploitation and enforcement, and other forms of legal advice.
Mike is a lawyer and registered Canadian patent agent practicing in the areas of intellectual property law and business law. Mike has experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications, assisting with proceedings under the Patented Medicine (Notice of Compliance) Regulations and assisting with actions at the Federal court. While in law school, Mike worked for a term as an intern at the Trade-Marks Opposition Board.
Mike is also currently preparing to be a Trademark agent.
Mike served in the armed forces and obtained a Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry before beginning his legal career. Prior to joining Leland Kimpinski LLP, Mike was a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Chemistry, University of Ottawa, articled at a national law firm in Ottawa and was an associate at a regional law firm in Saskatoon.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Intellectual Property law
- Business Law
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent (2019)
- Saskatchewan Bar (2015)
- Ontario Bar (2015)
- JD (University of Ottawa, 2014)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship (University of Ottawa, 2006-2010)
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry (University of Saskatchewan, 2006)
- B.Sc. in chemistry with high honors (University of Saskatchewan, 2000)
COMMUNITY & PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT:
- YMCA (Saskatoon) - Board of Directors
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada - Associate Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch - Member
- Saskatoon Bar Association - Member