Mike’s background allows him to quickly connect with technology-oriented clients seeking patent protection, exploitation and enforcement, and other forms of legal advice.
Mike currently practices in the areas of intellectual property law and business law. Mike has experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications, assisting with proceedings under the Patented Medicine (Notice of Compliance) Regulations and assisting with actions at the Federal court. While in law school, Mike worked for a term as an intern at the Trade-Marks Opposition Board. Mike is currently preparing to be a Canadian patent agent.
Mike served in the armed forces and obtained a Ph.D. in organic chemistry before beginning his legal career. Prior to joining Leland Kimpinski LLP, Mike was a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Chemistry, University of Ottawa, articled at a national law firm in Ottawa and was an associate at a regional law firm in Saskatoon.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Intellectual Property law
- Business Law
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Saskatchewan Bar (2015)
- Ontario Bar (2015)
- JD (University of Ottawa, 2014)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship (University of Ottawa, 2006-2010)
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry (University of Saskatchewan, 2006)
- B.Sc. in chemistry with high honors (University of Saskatchewan, 2000)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch
- Saskatoon Bar Association